2021 Taipei Lantern Festival in Bangka
Bangka, which took root about three centuries ago, is considered the birthplace of Taipei.
It was one of imperial-era Taiwan’s three great towns, ranked in the old expression “First Tainan, second Lugang, third Bangka.”
Guiyang Street, today renowned as “Taipei’s first street,” enjoyed a long period of prosperity that has left it with a rich history and culture that the visitor can enjoy through its many heritage site and food treasures.
Seven Key Highlights
- First theme lantern in history able to dance, the “Cow God”
- Concert menu – Super-strong pop star lineup in relay-performance format
- With the accompaniment of international cartoon stars, this Lantern Festival is the most suitable ever for parent-child visits
- First time moved to Bangka – Deep exploration of the local lanes and alleys, traditional temples joining hands for New Year blessings
- Local and foreign artists are joining hands to create an international-caliber Lantern Festival
- Tradition vs Innovation – Seeing an all-new Bangka with all-new technology
- Wonderful from start to finish – The Carnival Parade will bring the whole of Bangka to raucous life